KMA has played a significant role in the development and expansion of hotels in the core of Downtown Los Angeles. The hotel projects include:
- The Wilshire Grand mixed-use project-initially designed to include a 650-room hotel, 100 residential units and up to 1.5 million square feet of office development.
- The Marriott Courtyard and Residence Inn project- includes two hotels in a single structure.
- The Metropolis project- includes a 350- room hotel and a 300-room residential component as its first phase of development.
- The proposed 1,130-room Lightstone Project- includes two towers housing three hotels.
- The proposed expansion of the JW Marriott- includes the addition of 850 rooms, creating an expanded hotel of 1,728 rooms.
For each of these projects, KMA undertook an economic feasibility analysis, projected incremental City revenues, prepared State required reports (53083 Reports), assisted with Development Agreement negotiations and presentations to Council Committees and/or City Council, and worked with the project team to structure a public-private partnership which included providing assistance to the project.
In addition, KMA prepared construction employment estimates for all of the projects and estimated the number of direct, indirect and induced jobs created by the JW Marriott and Lightstone Projects