Linnie A. Gavino is a Principal in the San Diego office. She joined KMA in 1997 and specializes in affordable housing. She has comprehensive experience with projects subject to Low Income Housing Tax Credits, tax-exempt financing, and other affordable housing guidelines.
Areas of Specialization
Affordable Housing Policy Analysis
Evaluates the impact of inclusionary housing requirements on the feasibility of market-rate residential development. Provides technical studies analyzing the feasibility of potential affordable housing policies and initiatives.
- City of San Diego – Inclusionary Affordable Housing Ordinance
- City of Del Mar – Affordable Housing Feasibility Assessment
Affordable Housing Transactions
Analyzes the market and financial feasibility of residential developments, including market-rate, affordable, mixed-income, and mixed-use transactions. Supports local jurisdictions in the negotiation of business terms and financial terms of proposed affordable housing developments.
- City of Escondido – Middle Income Housing Program
- County of San Diego – Affordable Housing NOFAs
Land Use Economics
Provides a range of financial feasibility related services including the collection and review of market data, formulation of development concepts, financial pro forma analysis, preparation of multi-year cash flow models, developer negotiations, and transaction structuring.
- San Diego Unified Port District – Chula Vista Bayfront Resort Hotel and Convention Center
- University of California, San Diego – La Jolla Innovation Center
Hobbies and Interests
Linnie enjoys skiing, traveling, and aspires to be a better cook and baker.