Tim Bretz is a Senior Principal in the Los Angeles office. He joined KMA in 2008 and has provided numerous public and non-profit clients with a wide variety of real estate support services including: disposition consulting, financial feasibility analyses, public-private transaction structuring and affordable housing consulting.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
Real Estate Advisory
Analyzes real estate transactions and conducts financial analyses for a range of land uses including residential, retail, office, hotel, industrial and mixed-use projects. Conducts market analysis and prepares financial feasibility analyses to support clients during the negotiations process for both disposition and development agreements, and ground leases.
Assists clients with the disposition of publicly-owned properties and ensures that the public agency’s disposition process complies with Surplus Land Act requirements. Creates RFP/Q’s, evaluates developer responses, interviews development teams and analyzes financial information. Advises clients on ground lease structuring and business terms negotiations.
- Los Angeles Housing Department – La Guadalupe Mixed-Use Project
- San Bernardino County – Bloomington Multigenerational Housing and Public Library Mixed-Use Project
Analyzes residential and mixed-use projects with affordability components. Prepares financial gap analyses and HOME subsidy layering reviews, assists clients with construction and permanent loan closings, and provides affordability covenant and residual receipts monitoring services.
- City of Anaheim – Disposition services; financial gap analyses; ground lease and business terms negotiations support
- City of Long Beach – Disposition services; financial gap analyses; HOME subsidy layering reviews; affordable housing training
- City of Santa Ana – Disposition services; financial gap analyses; HOME subsidy layering reviews; loan closing services
Prepares affordable housing nexus studies for the purposes of imposing affordable housing impact fees on market rate residential and commercial uses.
- City of Rancho Cucamonga – Commercial Linkage Fee Analysis
- City of Beverly Hills – One Beverly Hills Residential and Commercial Nexus Study
Land Use Economics
Assists clients in the preparation of value enhancement analyses utilized for the imposition of community benefits requirements. Conducts financial feasibility analyses to assist clients with zoning code updates and the creation of specific plan areas.
- City of West Hollywood – City Public Benefits Policy; London Arts Club and Hotel Project; Roberston Lane Mixed-Use Project
- City of Palo Alto – Housing Element Site Resources Analysis